Impkatu Mudansa Klimatika
- Socio-economic impacts of climate change, with research focused on climate change impacts such as drought, on family income, access to clean water, and other associated impacts.
- Climate change and health - research into the effects of climate change on diseases in Timor-Leste (e.g. Malaria, Dengue) and their increase of incidence due to mosquito population and temperature rises.
- Analysis of climate change impacts to Timor-Leste according to current and future predictions.
- Identification of climate change risks to species losses.
- Climate change vulnerability and risk assessments, identifying adaptation options for agriculture, biodiversity conservation, fisheries, livestock, infrastructure, natural disasters and health.
- Agricultural adaptation - research into the adaptation of plant species and cultivars that are well-adapted to drought and floods; and screening of drought resilient species and/or introducing resistant species/cultivar through plant breeding programmes.
- The identification of technologies to mitigate the impacts of climate change (e.g. alternative energy technologies, farming technologies, or existing local knowledge).
- Biodiversity Conservation, including, but not limited to: agricultural biodiversity, coastal and marine biodiversity, uplands and mountain biodiversity, forest biodiversity, and water catchment biodiversity.
- Loss of species - the identification of plant and animal species losses and identification of causes and strategies for conservation.
- Identification of species for potential development and/or medicinal use, and/or other commercial and research interests and their associated research under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) programme.
- Biodiversity research to support the Government of Timor-Leste in developing conservation policies and measures.
- Reduction of land conversion - research into the improvement of farming practices to maintain the production of crops while minimising forest land conversion for farming.
- Research outputs, data and recommendations for the government of Timor-Leste, for the purposes of policy-development in addressing climate change, food security, and sustainable development.
Capacity Building and Awareness Raising
- Climate change and biodiversity capacity building, awareness raising and behaviour change.
- Training for researchers in climate change areas, with a focus on Vulnerability Impact Assessments and adaptation.